Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wellington Recap

Oh, Wellington, how I adore thee!  I arrived on Monday and left on Wednesday.  This gave me enough time to visit Te Papa, the Botanic Garden and Mount Victoria.  I stopped in for nibbles at Midnight Espresso, Sweet Mother's Kitchen, Tulsi, and Abrakebabra (Midnight Espresso and Abrakebabra were my favs).  I also stopped in for a beer sampler at Fork and Brewer. This is where I learned about wonderful craft beer hot spots in Wellington and around New Zealand.  For example, Parrot Dog is a local brewery that makes a mighty tasty Bitter Bitch.  Moa is a New Zealand brewery that makes a mighty fine Five Hops. M'mm.

Since the last post was so gosh darn wordy, I'll just post pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Enjoy!

First pit stop in Wellington was Te Papa. The museum was not only impressive for its size and high quality engaging exhibits, but it is also free to the public...



View of the Beehive (a building of Parliament) from Victoria University...


The Pou Whenua are traditional tribal boundary markers...


Wellington is the world's southernmost capital city.  Here's another view of Parliament buildings...


View from the Botanic Garden...


I loved walking along the harbor...



The signage around the city was great.  I had an easy time finding the path to the lookout on Mount Victoria.  Someone was even kind enough to alert visitors to a zombie situation...


Sunset from Mount Victoria? Yes, please!




Just a wee bit windy up there...


Looking forward to going back to Wellington.  The plan is to get out on the harbor on a ferry ride next time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment