Monday, June 11, 2012

The $16.50 Pizza

Today, I was invited to a tea for two ladies leaving MInT.  We were all asked to bring a plate and normally I would look forward to finding a new recipe to test, but without a proper kitchen and ingredients (sorry, New Zealand, things just aren't the same) I didn't want to come up with another failure (refer to the breakfast pizza incident for more information).  So, I decided to stop at Poppa's Pizza to pick up something delicious (it always smells SO good when I walk by!).


I went for the vegetarian pizza because it had corn and pineapple on it.  When have you ever seen that combo (plus peppers, mushrooms, olives, onion and tomato) on a pizza?!  I was taken aback by the cost, however.  $16.50 for something no bigger than 8" in diameter.  For real. (You can see the A4 size paper on the wall in the lower right corner for reference: I bought the regular size.)  So, family and friends, I'm not kidding when I tell you that New Zealand is expensive!  The pizza did not disappoint and that's all that matters.  If you're in Dunedin, go to Poppa's Pizza now!



No comments:

Post a Comment