Monday, December 3, 2012

Mt. Charles Mission


Oh weekends, how I adore thee!  On Saturday, Tim, Court, Daniel, Johanna, Anna and I set out to conquer Otago Peninsula's highest point at a whopping 408 vertical meters (1,339 feet).  We battled rain, wind gusts and telltale signs of sheep to reach the summit.  


December 1st officially marked the beginning of summer, so I have high hopes that the weather will cooperate in the future so that I can bring you some substantially more impressive photos. 

In the mean time, I'm happily taking advantage of holiday sales to acquire gear for a longer tramping trip to Lake Monowai at the end of the month.  This will be a 4-day trip, so fingers crossed Mother Nature is getting the rain out of her system now so that we'll stay nice and dry at the end of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment