Monday, February 13, 2012

Got baggage?

I'm packed!  Well, about 90% of my packing is done.  What a daunting task!

I started with my shoes... I lined up 15 pairs of shoes and selected eight to begin with.  Crud, they took up 3/4 of my suitcase!  I knew at that moment that I was not going to be that "half fashionista half graduate student sitting in a coffee shop typing out her dissertation" that I thought I was going to be.


Some interesting items to note... I took the black suitcase on the left side on my first trip to Australia and New Zealand over 12 years ago.  The purple backpack is my dad's.  He passed away in 2007 and so it's a nice memento.  I actually brought it with me when I studied abroad in England in 2002 and lived out of it for two weeks on a trip all over Europe.  The bike is my gift from Jon when he finished PA school as a "thank you" for supporting him through the program.  I also rode 112 miles on it during Ironman Lake Placid 2010.

I have some room to spare in the purple backpack (my carry on), so over the next week I'll add things as space allows.  Unfortunately, I thought United allowed passengers to check three pieces of luggage and it turns out they only allow two pieces of checked luggage.  Looks like I'm going to have to ship my bike instead of bring it with me. *dislike!*

2 comments:

  1. I will skype you, and blog stalk you, and FB you, and BT you and text you and call you Saraaaaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete